It’s that time of year! The leaves are falling, the kiddos are starting to write their holiday wish lists, and our hair is breaking! It’s no secret that as we go from one season to another we need to switch up our skin and hair routine – but that’s easier said than done. Out of habit, we keep buying the same shampoo and conditioner duo, since we are always rushed during our highly anticipated moments at Target, and our focus shifts to buying a new winter coat for our child who is growing like a weed instead of our hair that is looking worse by the day. These hair masks for damaged hair will dramatically make a difference and are so easy to use. I’ve found that as much as I try to prevent hair breakage and drying from happening, it always does. And not to mention – the way your hair changes aft having a baby can be grueling. So I have been experimenting with hair masks for damaged hair as a recovery mechanism this fall/winter season, and I can honestly say that you shouldn’t be passing these up! Find one that you love and then once a month or every couple weeks – whenever you have 5 minutes to spare – throw it on your hair and you will see a world of a difference!
Hair Masks For Damaged Hair
1. This DRYBAR Mudslide Nourishing Hair Mask is an awesome one to start with because it works on ALL HAIR TYPES without over or under moisturizing. It will not only leave your hair feeling and looking silky, but it actually works to strengthen your locks during the months when you need it most! As an added bonus, it is a cruelty free product.
2. The PHYTO 9 Nourishing Day Cream with 9 Plants is an ideal option if you are crazy busy because it is a leave-in treatment that you can just throw in your hair and go about your day as normal. Your hair will be left shiny, manageable, and nourished, while you are feeling good about using a formula that is infused with 9 different plants.
3. Known for their amazing haircare products, Bumble and Bumble Quenching Masque is no different! This hair mask is meant to be used on a weekly basis to help restore and keep hair from tangling. It is great to use in conjunction with their shampoo and conditioner and can also be used on color treated hair without any problem or side effects.
4. What makes Bio Ionic Agave Restoraive Hydrating Mask different? The hair mask is completely fused with agave plant sugars, restoring and hydrating your hair naturally. It is a vegan product that will not only help combat how dry your hair is, but improve elasticity as well. You can pair it with their well know agave oil if you have extra damaged hair and need some extra shine throughout the day!
5. Alterna Bamboo UV+ Rehab Deep Hydration Masque is the perfect hair mask to have at home if you are sharing between you and your husband since its a unisex product. It provides a very deep moisture for very damaged hair and is specifically made for color treated hair to assist with improving and locking in color. It is made with rinse-resistant Color Hold® UV+ Technology (how cool is that?) and will also protect your hair against the harmful UV rays that come from the sun when we aren’t even paying attention to it!
What is your favorite way to keep your hair strong during the cold winter months? I’m pretty obsessed with these hair masks for damaged hair as the best restorative option. If you enjoyed today’s beauty post, I know you will enjoy last weeks where we explored the new TULA skincare system and I outline how I’m using it to step up my routine. Want to join in with my fashionable banter on social media? Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest & Instagram for fashion fun all day long!