Did you know that August and September have the highest birth rates than any other months in the year in the United States? It’s true! I had my little guy 6 years ago this upcoming September and I can’t believe how the time has flown! With those stats on our minds, we have curated a few pregnancy-centric posts and fun giveaways over the next few weeks–all targeted towards our lovely pregnant Mamas! Today, we are kicking off the Mama glow fun with beauty products for pregnant women that leave you looking and feeling beautiful during the days you may not be feeling like your normal self. (Mama tip: if you’re looking for a way to build a pregnancy wardrobe without breaking the bank, I’ve got a HUGE how-to for building a capsule maternity wardrobe!)
What’s different about these beauty products for pregnant women?
We have rounded up some of our favorite beauty products for pregnant women that are either made directly for pregnant women or are natural and organic. Most of all, they are cosmetics that you can feel good about using, as there won’t be any harsh chemicals affecting that baby growing inside you. And to be honest, I’ve simplified my beauty bag completely even post-pregnancy and use many of these still. My results? Less oily skin and way less breakouts so it’s a win in my eyes.
7 Beauty Products For Pregnant Women
1. We’re always told not to color our hair during pregnancy, or to wait until after the first trimester. But, the Mama Hair Henna by LUSH is safe the whole way through and leaves your hair with just the right amount of vibrancy that you yearn for!
2. If you were anything like me, you looked down to read your positive pregnancy test and a breakout happened almost instantly! The Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Powder really helps with that problem during pregnancy but is organic and feels flawless on your face!
3. The Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush Natural Beauty is such a great product because it literally gives you the perfect blush, but is natural and lasts forever! You can easily apply it in the morning and it will indeed last all day.
4. I’m addicted to anything that goes on my lips–I have a need to re-apply constantly! The Organic Infused Hydra Gloss is amazing because it is 100% organic and perfect to complete your pregnant pucker!
5.Josie Maran Argan Tinted Moisturizer is one of my absolute favorites. (Check out a full review of this tinted moisturizer here) Void of all toxins, this product makes your skin glow when you’re not pregnant and is outstanding when you are! It is a medium weight, so you can easily double duty this product as your foundation–I do on most days! In addition, it has SPF in it so that you protect your skin everyday.
6. There is absolutely NO NEED to miss out on your manicures during pregnancy with Zoya Nail Polish! They have so many beautiful shades and you can easily buy your favorite color and bring it to the nail salon with you. This was the first nail polish brand to remove anything toxic from their products and continue to be super inspirational in the fashion industry.
7. Smells–they can be your demise during pregnancy, triggering all sorts of things in your gag reflex! The Pacifica California Star Jasmine Roll-on Perfume is an all natural, roll-on perfume that is lightly scented and keeps you smelling and feeling wonderful!
What beauty products for pregnant women have you used during your pregnancies? Another one of my absolute favorites is for getting rid of those pesky stretch marks is Shoosha True, as it is food grade organic and amazing for keeping your growing belly stretch mark free. And if this all is a little overwhelming for you, I compiled a great post that explains a lot while I share what I wish I knew about beauty products for pregnant women and children during my first pregnancy.