Talk about being cold. Temperatures have definitely dropped and I can pretty much do nothing but shiver when I’m outdoors. I have a big, puffy white coat that I wear for warmth during chilly bus stop runs, but I had been wanting something new for when I’m out in the city and just want to look chic. We donated a ton of our coats right before Christmas, so there was room in our hall closet for me to get shopping for winter coats for women. Chris took the hint though and bought me this awesome Calvin Klein Faux-Leather-Trim Asymmetrical Coat.
Very rarely these days am I dressed up like this though, as most of the time I’m busy babywearing, but nonetheless, it’s super fun to get dressed up from time to time, throw on some knee-high boots (mine are similar to these) and sunnies (my husband also bought me this pair for Christmas!) and truly feel like myself again.
Honestly, when I walked into Macy’s (where we got the coat) I had in mind that I wanted something in emerald green or burgundy, but this Calvin Klein Faux-Leather-Trim Asymmetrical Coat stood out and I had to have it! The gray in this coat goes with absolutely everything and I love the leather detailing, as it gives it a super edgy look.
You all know that I’ve been working in reinventing my postpartum style and this is definitely something that I feel great in and keeps me warm during the cold weather, too. So if you find yourself searching for winter coats for women, this is a great option!
Here’s a closeup, so you can see the super cool hardware and an extra reason I love this coat: no need to wear a scarf! I love how it zips up super high and keeps me cozy. Seriously, I feel so cool in this coat – totally not like myself!
More Winter Coats For Women
Here are a few other winter coats for women that are on my watch list this year – and seriously inexpensive!
1. Starting off with Old Navy here, as they are newly becoming one of my favorites all over again. They have totally stepped up their style game and this Brushed Stand Collar Winter Coat For Women is so cute and only $60!
2. This is technically a sweater, but it’s so big and cozy, who cares? You will love this Color Block Drop Shoulder Open Front Sweater Coat, too! (And it’s only $31, so it won’t break the bank.)
3. This Women’s J.crew Chateau Stadium Cloth Parka With Faux Fur is the only higher priced item on this list – promise! But I couldn’t not include it. I mean, do you see that brilliant yellow color? This will look ah-mazing on everyone! It’s….ahem…$365, but whose counting?
4. I just couldn’t scroll past this ASOS Trapeze Coat in Wool Blend with Fur Collar. It’s such a rich, brilliant red and I love the length, it’s great for all the tall girls, but a shortie (like me) could also pull it off! It’s only $43…for real.
5. Obviously I have a thing for gray. This Grey Belted Tailored Faux Wool Coat is a bit different than mine though and is almost similar to a trench coat in cut, but I love the wool for warmth! Only $45!
6. Last, but not least, this TopShop Longline Slouch Coat is the oversized coat your closet has been waiting for. It’s $150, but still reasonably priced for a coat that will be a fun staple to wear day in and day out during these cold months!
Have you been searching for winter coats for women this year? What are your favorites?
Also, liked up at Shopping My Closet.