Whenever I sat down to write today’s post, something within me automatically looked back in time to my last denim shopping experience. It was fun because I got to bring home a bag filled with new denim goodies, but also very time consuming. I spent probably 2 hours in the Levi’s store on 59th & Lex going back and forth with my husband and this poor sales associate until I found the right size, cut and fit. That day made me realize how the same pair of denim in the same size can fit you different in a different wash–which is beyond frustrating!
Therefore, whether you are an hourglass body shape or another, just keep in mind that the process is time consuming and not always the same. So don’t curse the stress of the denim shopping experience, just accept that it will be there and write it off as your cardio for the day because boy will you burn the calories!
Hourglass Body Shape + Denim Shopping!
Spending a little extra time, while carefully going through the steps of denim shopping. will alleviate you from needing to do it again anytime soon. Remember that shopping experience I mentioned above? That was about 2 years ago and I haven’t had to do it again. So remain calm, and let’s go denim shopping together for your hourglass body shape!
- For denim to fit you smoothly over your hourglass body shape, make sure to choose options that have at least 1% Lycra in them to give them a little stretch! The Lycra will accommodate the variances the curves take in different hourglasses!
- Look for denim with a wider waistband.
- While we are talking about waistbands, choose options that also sit higher on the waist and avoid low rise!
- Hint: because the hourglass body shape is known for their struggles, there are numerous brands out there that make denim specifically for this shape! So do your research before you go shopping!
- If you love a skinny jean, try a straight leg option instead, as it will appear much more slimming on you.
- Flair denim is a great option for the hourglass shape to help balance out your overall figure!
- Avoid: baggy denim and anything with small pockets!
Shop our favorite options for the hourglass body shape:
Let us know how YOUR denim shopping experience goes, my lovely hourglasses!