If you know me, you know that I am a true makeup junkie; from drugstore products to high-end brands, I love it all! If I could walk around with my entire beauty collection stuffed into my cosmetic bag I would, but unfortunately that’s just not possible! So, today we’re taking a dive into our make up bag and digging up the basic makeup essentials. These items are the fundamentals of every cosmetic bag we pack in our purse- the basic makeup essentials every woman MUST own! (Ahem, if you are super overwhelmed with narrowing down everything in your beauty bag, I have a great guide to simplifying your makeup bag.)
5 Basic Makeup Essentials Every Woman Needs to Survive
1. Mascara- Mascara is my #1, can’t live without it, gotta have it, makeup obsession! With just one swipe of mascara, a woman’s eyes are instantly awake and open. Mascara adds length, volume, thickness and dimension. On those days when you only have 10 minutes to leave the house, swipe a few coats on and you’re good to go! There are SO many formulas and brush types to choose from, but Cover Girl LashBlast Mascara is my forever obsession!
2. Moisturizer with SPF- It is SO important for every woman to moisturize and take care of your skin. Every day, I start my beauty routine with a moisturizer containing SPF. Using this will replenish any dryness and protect you from harmful rays of the sun. Try using a tinted moisturizer- it will add a touch of color while still moisturizing your skin! I especially like a tinted moisturizer over the hot summer months, when foundation is just too heavy. My fav is Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20.
3. Multi-Purpose Makeup Stick- A makeup stick is an amazing investment and a great addition to any cosmetic bag. I am obsessed with these, simply because they can do so much! A makeup stick can act as a blush, an eyeshadow, a highlighter and a lipstick- all at once! When I’m running late (which is most of the time), this one beauty product is my savior. I love NARS The Multiple in Orgasm– the perfect color for EVERY woman’s skin tone.
4. Tinted Lip Balm- Every woman needs one, an everyday lip color in her purse at all times. A color that is neutral with a tint, adding the perfect pop to your pout! I love a lip color that is a pinkish-nude and will work for day or night. A good tinted lip balm is perfect, because it hydrates your lips while adding a touch of color! I usually carry way too many lip products in my bag, but right now I’m loving Bare Minerals Loud & Clear Lip Sheer.
5. Concealer- A concealer is a cosmetic bag staple! A good concealer will reduce and conceal nasty blemishes, mask dark under-eye circles, and hide any other skin imperfections we might have. Concealers can come in many shapes and sizes, but I prefer to use a stick/wand one. My favorite (and it’s a beauty bargain) is the L’Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Concealer. It is light-weight, non-greasy and easy to apply. Beauty tip: A concealer can also double as a highlighter!
So ladies, these are the basic makeup essentials every woman must own! These products can transform your look and are essential for every cosmetic bag. Do you have any products to add to our list? If you’re pregnant, and want to make sure you have more natural or organic products, here’s a great list for those, too.