There are so many wonderful, healthy snack ideas for weight loss that will seriously get that “momtabolism” going, and probably already in your kitchen. I know we are all so used to hearing “Eat 5 SMALL meals during the day in order to lose weight,” but that doesn’t always work for ALL of us. Everyone eats differently, and everyone’s body is different. I say: do what works best for YOU, because it makes YOU feel good! I am personally a grazer. I will graze through little snacks all day long, and then eat a normal dinner. Some might say this is wrong, but it works for me and makes me happy. My theory is that if everything I am putting into my mouth is healthy, then I am probably doing okay.
It’s not always easy, especially whenever we are lugging kids everywhere and trying to keep ourselves from eating the leftovers off their plates. But, easy healthy snack ideas for weight loss will get you motivated to make and keep your new year goals.
Easy Healthy Snack Ideas For Weight Loss
- My typical breakfast on a work day consists of a Kind Bar and a banana. I can eat this combination (along with my coffee) at around 9:30am and it can hold me over until about 1:30pm.
- On mornings where I have more time, I love to eat homemade yogurt parfaits (you have to watch the calorie/sugar/fat content on store bought options) with plain yogurt, berries, granola, and honey. I’m also an egg white freak and love making yummy egg scrambles with fresh veggies….sooo good!
- Dry roasted almonds WITHOUT salt. I have to admit that it did take me a little while to get used to the taste, but once you do it becomes your go-to snack! You also have to make sure that you are watching your portion control with these because the calories and fat can add up quick. So count ’em out first!
- Fresh berries. These are high in antioxidants and low in sugar and carbs! Yum!
- Hummus and baby carrots. Love this snack! So healthy and gives you a great serving of both protein and your veggies!
- Hard boiled egg. These will hold you over for a long time and are very high in protein.
- String Cheese. I kinda became obsessed with this as Branden did, so we go through at least a bag a week in our house. Make sure you get the low-fat kind.
- Side salad. Its really easy to go into any restaurant and get a little side salad to go, which is super healthy and will keep your momtabolism working.
- Green tea. I try to drink this whenever I am hungry, but I know that I shouldn’t be eating. It will get your momtabolism moving and give you a little burst of energy and antioxidants!
- Small cup of soup. There is a great little restaurant across the street from where I work that kinda reminds me of the Soup Nazi from Seinfeld. My favorites are the Lentil and Spinach, Moroccan Chicken, and Chicken Minestrone. These are the perfect small meal filled with healthy ingredients that will keep you full; just be careful of the sodium!
- Dark Chocolate Covered Esspresso Beans. I must warn you that these must be eaten with portion control in mind and can be highly addictive. Believe me, it’s easier to count OUT the beans instead of counting IN all those calories!
- Olives – Ooo, such goodness with so many varieties! And could they be any healthier?! They are, after all, where little miss Olive Oil comes from!
- Watermelon – Enjoy it while it’s summer! It is so tasty and refreshing, and many speak of its healing benefits. You can just serve it sliced. Or you can chop it up, add some mint and feta cheese with a touch of salt and olive oil, and serve it up like a gourmet salad!
So Mamas, what are your favorite healthy snack ideas for weight loss? Let’s share our tasty treats with one another! Comment below!